Regional Emergency Social Work Service (RESWS)
RESWS provide an emergency social work service outside normal working hours, which responds to a wide range of people in crisis which cannot be left until the next working day. There are a number of situations in which the RESWS will become involved or work with other agencies to ensure the safety of an individual and the community. Examples of emergency situations are where:
- There are immediate significant protection and welfare concerns in relation to children and young people and vulnerable adults
- Urgent advice and/or support is required by families or carers
- Older people are at risk
- There is consideration that compulsory admission to hospital under the Mental Health Order (NI) 1986 is required
- An out of hours service for homeless people on behalf of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive (NIHE) by providing temporary accommodation in case of priority need. We do not deal with housing applications, repairs or transfer.
- A service on behalf of the Social Security Agency in emergency only situations outside normal office hours
- 5am to 9am Monday to Thursday and 5pm on Friday to 9am on Monday.
- There is 24 hour cover over public holidays.
Gateway Service to Childrens Social Services
Regional Out of Hours 028 9504 9999 Greater Belfast Gateway Team Phone 02895049999 (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.) Emergency out of hours 028 9056 5444 Lisburn Gateway Team 028 9060 2705 North Down Gateway Team 028 9181 8518 Down Gateway Team 028 4461 3511 Antrim, Carrickfergus, Newtownabbey, Larne, Ballymena, Cookstown, Magherafelt, Ballycastle, Ballymoney, Portrush and Coleraine 030 01234333 Craigavon, Banbridge, Dromore, Lurgan, Portadown, Gilford, Armagh, Coalisland, Dungannon, Fivemiletown, Markethill, Moy, Tandragee, Ballygawley, Newry City, Bessbrook, Annalong, Rathfriland, Werrenpoint, Crossmaglrn, Kilkeel, Newtownhamilton 080 07837745 Derry, Limavady, Strabane, Omagh and Enniskillen 028 7131 4090